Kosher Dill Pickle Mix
- 2lbs. Pickling Cucumbers (about ten 3-4″)
- 3/4 C. White Vinegar
- 2 C. Water
- 1 packet Pepper Creek Farms Kosher Dill Pickle Mix.
- Wash cucumbers, drain. Cut into thin slices. Whole cucumbers are not recommended.
- Combine 1 packet Pickle Mix, vinegar, water and sugar into a large non-reactive pot. Do not use aluminum. Bring mixture just to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture dissolves. Let cool.
- Pack cucumbers into jars provided in the kit or your own sterilized jars, leaving 1/2″ headspace. Evenly divide pickling liquid among the packed jars, leaving 1/2″ headspace. Remove air bubbles and cap each jar as it is filled. If more liquid is needed for proper headspace, add mix of 3 parts vinegar and 1 part water.
- Cool to room temperature, label and store in refrigerator. Pickles are ready to eat after 24 hours.
Ingredients: Salt, Garlic, Spices, Maltodextrin, Spice Extractives (Including Turmeric), Citric Acid.
This product is packaged on equipment that makes products containing wheat, eggs, milk, soy and tree nuts.